Saturday, February 23, 2008

Meet Baby Odegaard!


Hi all! I'm starting this post for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy and Baby Girl's first months of life. Read as much or as little as you like! To catch up, I'll give you an overview of the past few weeks.

First, just to clarify, Baby Odegaard is most likely a baby girl. We didn't get a great look, but the tech was quite sure, and she's never been wrong when she's written it down according to our doctor (and she wrote it down!). I'm shopping for pink, as are some of you (thank you!!!), but I'm simply hoping for a healthy baby at the end of all of this. I like to think of it as a best-case scenario--I have every reason to shop for the cutest baby products imaginable, but we still could be in for a fun surprise!

She looks to be perfectly healthy and all her measurements are just where they should be. She's in the 40th percentile for size.

Baby has been fairly active, and I've been feeling movement since week 16 1/2. Matt's even felt a few kicks! She's most active in the late evenings and sometimes early to mid-afternoon. I'm hoping this means she'll let us sleep in (yeah, right).

Last weekend we set up our registries. What an ordeal! Even though it only took less than 3 hours, we were both exhausted afterward. (Matt would argue with me on the "only!") I can't believe how many decisions there were to make, and this was after I'd already done a lot of research. We were truly amazed, but I guess also glad that there will be so many products to help us out. We're still wondering how in the world you'd raise a child without Babies R Us.

I'm feeling good for the most part although my morning sickness has been returning in the evenings. As you can see in the picture, I'm not showing much. I've managed to get some great deals on a few maternity clothes, though, and am enjoying my new, albeit sparse, wardrobe.

That's all for now. Check back occasionally for updates!

1 comment:

ladybugblue said...

Great idea! Love the "baby's favorite foods" list!