Friday, July 17, 2009

Kalina's day of fame

Our local newspaper includes a small section called "Slice of Life" on the front cover of its metro section. Judging by today's headlines, this section, which is made up of a couple photos and a caption, serves the purpose of cheering everyone up as they read dismal news from around the city.

Today, the paper hit a bullseye with their choice of a main photo for the page. There, under the headline "A berry, berry good day," Kalina's trademark look of mild concern shines off the page. She's wearing her pretty pink play dress and is eating freshly picked blueberries straight from the bucket, despite her mommy's best efforts to make her stop.

Let's say this again: Kalina is in the newspaper!!! I knew it was only a matter of time, but that doesn't make me any less thrilled or proud.

Her friend Edward and his mommy are there too, by the way, and it's a sweet little collection of photos.

I can't stop looking at the picture. I think I'm going to take it everywhere with me today, and I really wish more people got subscriptions to the newspaper so they'd see my little girl looking so cute. I knew there was a reason I put her in one of her cutest play dresses to go blueberry picking. (Really, what was I thinking?)

The headlines surrounding the pictures read:
80 Cisco Systems RTP workers face layoffs
Blazes damage pair of homes
Obama's choice mum on honor
Convicted felon with two jail stays eyes City Council race
Hmmm.

And yet, according to Kalina's headline, it's a "Berry, berry good day." Thank you, Kalina, for making it so.

2 comments:

Tom said...

lolololol. Her eyes say "I'm very worried", while the fingers in mouth indicate "I'm going to eat these blueberries". I can't stop looking at the picture either; so much depth. I'll take 10 copies.

Tom said...

How can there not be more comments on this? I mean, the look in her eyes! The headline! The blog entry! It's priceless!