Poor Kalina. From here on out, she'll be regularly sharing blogspace with her new little sibling. I'll be posting newsposts whenever I have something interesting to tell about Baby 2. And she'll only appear in them if it makes sense for her to.
And yes, I have something interesting to post today! For the past few days I've been suspecting it, but this morning I was absolutely sure: at only 14 weeks pregnant (as of today), I'm definitely feeling baby kicks! (I also regularly feel toddler kicks, especially during diaper changes, but that's a different story). I could even feel them from the outside. They say it's normal to feel kicks earlier in your second pregnancy, but I'm still pretty proud that Baby 2 is making himself/herself known before I'm having much trouble fitting into my skinny jeans.
With Kalina, by the way, I was feeling kicks around 16 weeks--quite early for a first pregnancy. Does this mean I'll have a child more determined to walk than Kalina was? Somebody help.
The timing of this is good: my nausea has been waning, and without it, it's hard for me to remember I'm pregnant. No complaints, it's just nice to have this smooth transition.
Like I mentioned before, I'm still fitting fine into all my clothes. I'm glad. You'll remember that with Kalina, I was highly annoyed that I could still hide my pregnancy a mere 9 weeks before she was born. As much as I happily anticipate wearing my all-time favorite maternity jeans, I'm happier to keep them stowed under Kalina's crib for now.
At my most recent doctor visit, almost 2 weeks ago, we heard the baby's heartbeat and all was well. I'm guessing that weight gain is about nonexistent since the onset of nicer weather has had me chasing Kalina around all sorts of open spaces outdoors. Fine by me, I promise I'm eating healthy.
And that's the update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so jealous! I *still* haven't felt my baby kick, and I'm now 19 weeks along! I know it's normal, but I'll be glad to hear the heartbeat at my midwife appt tomorrow.
I'm glad the nausea is leaving! I'll hopefully be seeing you in another week and a half :)
I think this is very unfair to your first child.
I think you may be on to something. I didn't feel Drew kick until close to the third trimester and he walked at 17 months. Surprised I haven't heard the link as an old wives' tale yet.
I've got tons of summer maternity clothes since both boys were fall babies. Mostly dresses, shorts and t-shirts. Shoot me an e-mail if you need anything.
so fun that you're already feeling the kicks! Glad you continue to feel well!
Post a Comment