We wanted to get to know Baby a little better since we'll be meeting her in a few short (and getting shorter!) weeks, so we sent a few questions her way. Our conversation went something like this:
Q: So, baby, first of all, do you feel ready to be born?
A: I really think I am. Not that this hasn't been great, but I'm ready for a little more freedom. I want to do my own thing for a little while. I'm still working a little bit on development--lungs and brain and such--but otherwise I'm pretty much ready to go physically, and I know I'm already there mentally.
Q: How do you anticipate spending your first weeks of freedom?
A: I anticipate sleeping a lot--not during the night, of course--and probably some burping. I'd also like to travel.
Q: What are your personal goals?
A: To be the perfect child, of course! Haha, in all seriousness, my first goal is to take over the house. Then I'll shoot for the world.
Q: You may be aware by now that your dad plans to take you fishing every chance he gets. How do you feel about this?
A: As long as Mommy buys me a cute fishing outfit, I'm okay with it. I've never fished before, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try, and I hear Daddy's pretty fun to hang out with. I will say that if he plans to stay out any longer than an hour or two, he'd better bring some chocolate along.
Q: How do you think you'll get along with the cats?
A: I think we'll do alright. I can see some profitable partnerships, and I've actually already been talking with them about food sharing. Until I'm better coordinated, I imagine I'll be dropping a lot of food--which I have no problem with them cleaning up. However, they'd better return the favor, seeing as they can jump on the counter and nose their way into any baked goods left out (not that they're allowed to), and I won't be able to reach them for quite some time.
Q: What do you anticipate your first word will be?
A: Considering I'll be spending so much time with Mommy, I'm thinking it will be some variation of "chocolate."
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: A scientific writer.
Q: What's your favorite animal?
A: There's been a new species discovered called the Panda Snake. It's a snake, but soft and fuzzy with big ears and a cute face. That's my favorite.
Q: Whose nose do you have?
A: Actually, I'm really not sure. It's a lot cuter and less crooked than Mommy's, and not quite as Norwegian as Daddy's. It's pretty much the cutest nose in the family.
Q: What's your favorite food?
A: Chocolate-dipped steak.
Baby Girl nodded off at this point, but she promised she'd make herself available for another interview later, should we have any more questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ok, i keep checking the blog for nursery "before and after" photos and am sad every time there aren't any! :( see you saturday! and our fridge should work tomorrow...
Does Baby Girl know where I can get a Panda Snake?!?
Post a Comment