Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Doctor visit!

I'm enjoying having doctor visits every two weeks. I just like being told everything is okay. I don't think this is unusual at all. :)

So, everything is great! I'm measuring ever-so-slightly small (28 weeks when I'm slightly over 30 weeks), but the doctor wasn't concerned at all. A range of two or even three weeks on either side is completely normal, and I read that larger discrepancies occur the further along you get, usually due to maternal size.

The heartbeat sounded great, my blood pressure was great, I didn't have a high blood sugar count (as determined by the test I had last time) and I'm not anemic. I didn't gain any weight, which I thought was strange because my bathroom scale told me I'd gained about two pounds. I have been focusing on eating more healthfully than usual the past couple weeks, so that could easily explain my lack of weight gain (whole grains keep my weight in check; cookies don't). Once again, the doctor wasn't worried at all, and I'm looking forward to a nice, big lunch.

The coolest thing about the appointment was that the doctor was actually able to feel the baby and how she's positioned! Some babies are actually in position by this time (head-down), but Baby Girl is not. She's more or less sideways, with her head pointing at 8:00 if you're looking at me straight-on. Not to worry--it's still plenty early, and it might be the appointment after next before she's in position, or even later (or never, but we won't think about that).

My next appointment is May 14. I'm already looking forward to it!

No comments: