
Yesterday evening when Matt and I were taking our usual walk, our neighbor kindly told me I actually look pregnant. Whether he was making it up or not, I was thrilled--could it be I finally have a real, pregnant-looking belly? By the way, I'm about 5 1/2 months along and you can only see my bump if I'm wearing the right shirt (it's invisible under anything bulky).
Not that I want to be huge right now, but I really wouldn't mind if just one stranger asked me when I'm due!
Really, I have to admit that it's convenient being small. I can easily tie my own shoes, fit through doorways, sleep and walk--all of which are very nice things to be able to do.
But today at the doctor's office I was a bit nervous about my relatively small size, so the doctor kindly pulled out a measuring tape to measure me. I'm right on schedule--neither big nor small! If my belly just looks like it needs a few situps to get it back into shape and everything's fine with Baby Girl, where exactly is she? Perhaps I'm growing up rather than out? Do I look taller than normal?
The doctor assured me I'll get bigger before I get smaller, so I'm not worried. Just curious.
And poor Matt. He learned early on that I want to have a belly and I won't accuse him of calling me fat if he tells me I have one (I know he was mentally wrestling with that for a while). But that doesn't mean he should have to reassure me daily! He's coping well under the pressure.
The rest of the doctor's appointment, by the way, went well. It was a routine weight/blood pressure/heartbeat check, and I passed all three with flying colors and a quick warning that if I'm not careful at this stage of pregnancy, I could gain 8 pounds in a matter of days. I was warned that the greatest risk of flying home for the baby shower in a few weeks was the array of tempting foods I'd be subjected to. I heartily agreed and left it at that.
Can't wait--I have to get a belly somehow.
1 comment:
i think my favorite part of all your belly photos is where in your house they're taken...in front of the fireplace, the stove, wherever! ;) and don't worry...you'll get a belly, and then you'll be thankful that you're not enormous!! see you friday for pizza??
Post a Comment