
What am I wearing these days?
My strategy is simple:
1. Quit going to work (this was decided for me--I'm working from home full-time)
2. Don't care what anyone thinks
3. Don't care if I wear the same thing every single day
4. Gladly welcome loans (thanks, girls!)
5. Follow rule #2, but keep my integrity
6. At least a couple times, be the stereotypical "cute pregnant woman," just because it's fun
7. Shop smart
8. Find a great pair of jeans
Let's start with #8, my favorite. Have I told you all how much I love my jeans? I have two pair, but one stands out. They're comfy. They're stretchy. They look like jeans I'd wear if I weren't pregnant. They go with anything. The elastic waist doesn't go anywhere near my shrinking bladder. They don't make me feel fat. They should last me throughout the pregnancy. I won't mind returning to them after delivery while I get rid of my belly. They didn't cost an arm and a leg. And there are more where they came from, should I need an emergency replacement. Best of all, they're there for me when I most need them. When no other jeans in my closet fit, they did. Can you ask anything more of a pair of jeans? In case you're pregnant (or not!) and wondering, Motherhood Maternity Super Stretch Boot-Cut. Love 'em.
7. With the exception of my jeans (worth every penny!), I can proudly say I've gotten all my maternity clothes on sale, some deeply discounted ($34 capris for $3.40!). I also bought only the bare minimum of wintry stuff because I knew I wouldn't be wearing it before spring. And I bought versatile clothing--shirts that can be worn in almost any season, for instance.
6. As a side note, I'm hoping that I'll actually have enough belly to be the stereotypical "cute pregnant woman" before I give birth. Would it be wrong of me to buy a fake pregnant belly to wear under cute clothes?
5. For the most part, even though I'm working from home I refuse to dress sloppier than I would if I weren't pregnant. This would change if I got another head cold, in which case my non-maternity comfy gray sweatpants would possibly surpass the aforementioned maternity jeans as my favorite legwear. I reserve the right to change this rule, by the way, when I look and feel like a cow.
4. They've found a good temporary home, and I'm gentle-washing, line-drying everything. I truly value the variety they've given me!
3. When your entire in-season maternity wardrobe can fit on a handful of hangers, you don't have many options. I secretly like it better this way.
2. Tired of my maternity jeans? Think that all my shirts look the same? Tough!!! If you'd like to take on even just my heartburn and indigestion, I will buy myself some new clothes.
1. This wonderful situation contributes to everything else.
But enough about me. Isn't Baby Girl going to look cute in her new lamb-and-bunny bedding? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment